Tuesday, January 20, 2009

And Now It Starts...



Being at home with pneumonia, functioning at 50% if that, writing has been one of the casualties. But sometimes brevity is all that's needed and there will be so much writing about this day, this inauguration. I watched and alternated between tears and awe.

Ezra, my five year old, with whom I was at home as he recovered from chicken pox, summed it up nicely as we watched the inauguration: "Barack Obama's kids must be really proud of him."

Young and old, it's as if we are all children to this moment in history that embodies countless hopes and dreams for peace and healing and new beginnings, for an America that lives up to its promise and rights its wrongs.

We're all proud children of this moment.

That's all I got right now, coughing madly after every few words I type. And for this moment, that's enough. More's to come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was a great, great day. I remember election day 2008 - I was proud of this country and felt united - even while living in Utah :) Great blog, um, where are the recent posts?